The concept known as Customs Tariff Statistics Position or GTIP manages to be one of the most valuable issues in import and export transactions. In this respect, in order to maintain international trade, these preferred numbers must be determined correctly.
Although determining GTIP numbers generally makes tax calculations possible, it also brings solutions related to obtaining permits related to international trade and some other situations. In accordance with the Customs Law No. 4458, the correct Customs Tariff Statistics Position must be determined in every transaction. Otherwise, penalties will occur. AsPerformance Customs Consultancy, we support you with the most special solutions in this regard.
How Did the Customs Tariff Statistics Position Come About?
It is possible to manage a more orderly process by making certain classifications in foreign trade transactions between countries. In this context, the purpose of the list determined by the World Customs Organization and called the Harmonized System Nomenclature is to classify goods subject to customs. It should be mentioned that the system used since January 1, 1989 has been implemented with the 12-code system.
How is the GTIP Number Classified?
Although a 12-number code is mentioned regarding the Customs Tariff Statistics Position, we must state that these numbers are not determined randomly. For this reason, you should take action regarding GTIP, knowing that each step has a meaning. In GTIP, known as HS Code in English, the following classifications are made.
A 12-step GTIP is named according to its steps as follows:
- * (2 digits) Chapter Number
- * (4 digits) Position Number
- * (6 digits) Subheading Number (Harmonized System Nomenclature Code)
- * (8 digits) European Union Combined Nomenclature Code
- * (10 digits) National Sub-Expansion Code
- * (12 digits) Statistical Expansion
How is Customs Tariff Position Determination Performed?
The most important thing to consider when determining the GTIP number is to determine the correct code. A mistake that will lead to criminal practices may also negatively affect the commercial future. For this reason, if you are going to determine a GTIP code, it can be said that following a path like this will produce better results for you.
- * The materials used during the production phase, the qualities of the items, whether they are spare parts or finished products are evaluated.
- * The chapter and section related to the goods are determined. After this, the tariff position and sub-positions will be determined.
- * After evaluating the explanations, better quality solutions are obtained by looking at what method is determined for similar items.
In order to have a perfect adventure by benefiting from the most ideal options regarding GTIP, all you need to do is to contactPerformance Customs Consultancy. AsPerformance Customs Consultancy, we ensure that you sign an error-free process regarding GTIP. In this way, we manage to support you in foreign trade transactions.